Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Summer is ...


Summer is ...

(I was going to write a long post about summer, but I don't have a lot of time now, and I also don't want to wait and write it tomorrow. I'm really a very, very patient person *tries to look like a very patient person*)

So, without further delay, Summer is for me...

- icecream

- swimming a lot

- open windows and a soft wind that makes my light summer curtain dance in the breeze

- perfectly blue sky

- bare feet (I'm so glad I'm homeschooled, you get to go barefoot a lot more!)

- summerdresses

- long evenings

- mornings that come with golden sunshine and the songs of birds


- the windows open while driving a car

- shade is okay now

- it's very silent in the early afternoon

- watermelon

- gorgeous sunsets

- no more jackets, no more sweaters

- everything green and green and green (I live in a green land, which is good, because I like the colour green)

- did I mention ice cream?

- the sea. Okay, pictures of the sea. Because going to the sea in summer is like going to a marketplace that's only open once a year. Everybody is there. Sooo crowded.

- it's warm. Finally. I like warm.

-  strawberries

- green grass that feels like velvet (sometimes grass really feels like velvet, it's true!)

- starry nights

- taking pictures

- the days are longer, no more lights on at six in the evening.

- long walks (only in the forest under the trees, where it's cool)

- sunglasses (I don't wear them, but I always like seeing people with sunglasses because it reminds me of Audrey Hepburn)

- rain is not so bad or dreary anymore

- being verry happy because summer is my favourite season


That list could - and should - go on a little (much) more. But time's almost up, things to do, stuff to remember, and all that. And besides, wouldn't that be a little tedious to read? :)

Just one more thing, I read Fire by Night, by Lynn Austin. Its's so good ... You must read it if you haven't allready. :D


 

6 comments:

  1. Fire by Night is such a good book! It made me cry, when Ted died. :(
    Ah, yes, watermelon and ice cream and bare feet and green! I'm so glad the trees aren't leafless anymore, it looks so bold and dead. I love the sun, and warm weather, and summer is my favourite season too. And swimming! Maybe one of the best parts of summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is defenitely a good book! It was very sad, what happened to Ted... :(
      I agree, swimming might be one of the best parts of summer!

      Delete
  2. Loved this, Rebekka! I love summer, too, definitely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I totally agree with all of your summer list. :)
    I LOVE SUMMER!!

    ReplyDelete