Pages

Friday, November 11, 2016

Please call me Cordelia

''Please call me Cordelia.'' It's actually quite a pretty name, isn't it? Well, let's get to the point.
I am going to change the name Rebecca into Rebekka. That is because that is my name when it was given to me when I was born.

It might seem a little change, like changing Ann into Anne, but I think it is more like trying to change Anne into Cordelia, when I decided Rebecca sounded more elegant then Rebekka.

I don't know. I hope this is not confusing. I must admit I sound confusing to myself.

I am a Confunsing Person. Always have been, always will be.

... *akward silence when I read everything back and hope I don't sound weird* ...



So I will embrace the person I really am, and not the person I want to be.

It also felt a little like having a double life, one person here, an other person at blogger. Strange how a name can change things. Or, to be more accurate, how the spelling of a nam can change things.

But I am still the same weird me! With the rightfull spelling of my name.

I also would like to say that I am simply in love with the English language. Why isn't the Dutch language so beautiful?
Even a word like ''wisp'' is so much more glorious then the Dutch word (it's ''sliert''. Ew.)

-sumptuous
-lanky
-entangled
-sonder
-precious
-evolve
-ostentatious

... and so many more words that sound just better then in Dutch. Eventhough Dutch has its own set of pretty words, just not so much.


This is a Dutch word. :) It also means sweet, as in ''you are so sweet to me''.



~Rebekka~


6 comments:

  1. I really like the double k spelling of your name. It's cool and unique :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! You spoke so honestly about all of it. And I don't think Rebekka is weird or less elegant. It's a pretty name and that's all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for these comments! You really make my day, you know :-) Oh, and glad you followed, Elanor! (I love how your name is spelled too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebekka, spelled with two k's, is a very lovely name. It's very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know this is an old post but I love the way you spell your name! To me Dutch is a beautiful language. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete