Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Period Drama Tag

October is almost over, and sometimes, when I walk over the street, the wind rustles, and yellow-brown leaves whirl around me, and I feel the swishing of the fallen leaves beneath my feet, and breath in the air filled with the scents of autumn, a peculiar mix of mud, mist, smoke from the chimneys, pine needles and people walking by.
It seems as if the trees dress up in red, orange, gold, yellow or brown, before winter comes and they lose their leaves.
As if they are at their best. Their most beautiful. Before they enter a period in which they are just bare branched and seem a little desolate.
I love the fall.




And Ruth made a tag, a Period Drama Tag! Thanks Ruth, they are alsways great to answer.



1. Which period drama do you like most?

Downton Abbey. This one is still THE BEST.


2. Choose four characters from a period drama that you like most?

Sybil, Tom Branson, Anna and Rose.

 
3. Which period drama have you recently seen that you recommend to other bloggers?

Well, the most recent was The Land Girls, and I liked it. At start it was a little slow, and some scenes where a little fake. Time was going with large gaps between one episode and the other, but when I got used to that, I enjoyed it very much. I liked the second and third seasons the best. Especially the last. So these series I think will not be enjoyable to everyone, but if you ignore the above mentioned, it's quite nice.




4. If you had to choose, which period drama heroine do you like best?

Okay, this is a hard question. But I've always liked Emma very much, so I'll choose her.


5. And which period drama hero?

Mr. Knightley, of course. No doubt about that (to be precisely, mr. Knightley from Emma 2009).


6. Have you ever seen a movie who was exactly, or mostly, the same as the book?

Emma 2009 was very much like the book.


7. Which movies do you like most, Jane Austens movies (example: Emma), Dickens movies (example: Little Dorrit), or the movies from the Brontë Sisters (example: Jane Eyre)?

Jane Austen movies, definitely.


8. Would you rather play Emma in Emma, Lizzy in Pride and Prejudice, Catherine in Northanger Abbey, Mary in Downton Abbey, Marian in Robin Hood, Amy in Little Dorrit, or Jane in Jane Eyre?

Emma. As you can see, I really like that one. :)


9. Would you rather have Call the Midwife or Cranford?


Call the Midwife.


10. Which period drama that you haven't seen yet would you like to see?



Poldark. I can not wait until it arrives in our library.


11. Which adaption of Sense and Sensibility do you like most: 1995 or 2008?

Hard one. :) I like the first version because I like the Marianne and the Colonel in it very much, but the second because of Elinor and Edward Ferrars are so much better in this version ( Elinor because she actually looks like 19, and Edward Ferrars because of the fact that he is Mathew. ) I'll choose the first one though. I don't know why. Maybe because I have only seen the 2008 version once, and the 1995 version like ten times.


12.  And which adaption of Pride and Prejudice do you like most: 1995 or 2005?

I can not form an opinion on that one, since I haven't seen the 1995. Yet. So I will answer 2005. I like that one becacuse I like the dresses. And Mathew MacFayden = Darcy. :)


13.  Which couple from a period drama movie do you like most?

Sybil and Tom!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, you talk about fall in such lovely words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much! I could not resist talking about fall there. :) I looooove that season!

    ReplyDelete