Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

A To-Do List for Fall

Hello everyone! Since fall is nearly there, I thought I might make a to-do list. Real fun, because I looove making lists. I am just not very good at actually doing the things on that list. I either forget all about it, or just lose the list and don't think about it anymore.

But I will not lose or forget about the list now. I'll try to do at least five things listed. :)

So, here we go!



1.) Take a walk in the rain. Autumn is famous for its rain, so a good time to try that. I know it's cold and wet, but I'll use an umbrella and rain boots to keep dry. And warm. Because, when else do we have the opportunity to use that big umbrella and those shiny boots that get dusty in the cellar?







2.) Try different kinds of coffee. Right now I love to drink 1/3 part coffee, and 2/3 part milk, but I would love to try cappuccino! Or just plain coffee with no milk. Or anything else that exists.


3.) Read a few classics this fall. I brought 'The Last of the Mohicans' from the library last week, and I think I'm going to start with that one. :) Also I want to try Moby Dick, and The Grapes of Wrath, and Sense and Sensebility. (I started it two times, but never finished it. I should, right?)

4.) Take photographs that define autumn, like spiderwebs covered with dew or raindropps, colored leaves, sunsets, flying geese and cups of tea.




5.) Start watching Pride and Prejudice 1995 with my two sisters. I have allready seen the 2005 version and I love it, but I think I should watch the other version to. And besides that I should, I really want to watch it. :D
The picture is very beautiful by the way.



 6.) Practice the piano more often. I am working on a little (easy) piece from Beethoven. We don't have a lot of sheet music at our house, sadly, but maybe I should give the dust gathering Beethoven and Mozart sheet music a shot.

7.) Finish my brown fall/winter skirt. Can't wait to wear it on a cold day! If I finish it ...



8.) Start writing short stories. Like, really short stories, and written by hand, in a notebook, like on the picture.

9.) Keep my tiny orchid without flowers, alive. I allready gave up hope, but when I just yet looked at it, I saw a new stem is sprouting. Maybe there is still hope for me when it concerns plants and stuff like that. Because I can't seem to keep flowers/plants alive. Here in the Netherlands we call a person who is really good with plants and flowers a person with green fingers. I don't know how people say that in English, and I couldn't find it on Translater, so ... I obviously don't have green fingers. :)

10.) Make sure I bring a little notebook with pen everywhere, so I can write down ideas or sentences right away when they come up in my head. I hardly ever do that, and when I happen to have this amazing sentence popping up, or hearing someone say something I never want to forget, my notebook is never there. Or my pen. So, forming that habit is certainly one thing that I should do!

11.) Get my hair cut in layers. The last time I went to a hairdresser, this happened:



Well, okay, it was the first time I ever went to a hairdresser, but I think it will happen a lot more than just once, because I am not so straightforward to say exactly what I want.

12.) Find out wich style is ''exactly me''. I have, for a very long time, not cared so much about clothes and all that. Untill I was around thirteen. But only now I am finally finding my own style a little.



13.) Watching old movies. I really want to watch a movie where Audrey Hepburn acts in, but I can't find them anywhere!



14.) Wear socks and sweaters. The lovely thing about cold weather is that you can finally wear warm stuff, and enjoy soup (hot soup in summer is not enjoyable), and drink warm tea and read on bed covered in a nice blanket.

15.) Have lots of time together with my family; taking walks, or watching a movie, or going away for the day, or just enjoy freshly baked muffins. :D That's the best thing ever, being together as family.


Well, that was about it. Fifteen things to do is not quite much, but fall will be over far to soon. By the end of November I'll ckeck this list again and see what things I can cross through!

~Rebecca~

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Autumn is ahead for you!
    (Definitely watch Pride and Prejudice 1995. It's the best movie ever.)
    By the way, I'm Rae. I don't know if I've commented on your blog before...I only started following it a few days ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I am certainly going to watch Pride and Prejudice 1995. Your blog is great! Thank you for following me by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I tagged you for this: http://raesdropofgoldensun.blogspot.com/2016/10/blogger-recognition-award.html )

      Delete